Since CALM Bodymodification is a swedish speaking company there might be spelling and grammatical errors in the following text. If you find anything thats is incorrect please let us know. ♥
Your new piercing will heal much faster if you take care of your body since the entire body is included in the healing process. By sleeping and eating properly, you give your body better criteria for being able to heal your piercing. Three solid meals a day and make sure to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and strengthening you diet with vitamin supplements. Drink plenty of water.
Washing of your piercing.
Start by washing your hands with soap and water. Rinse your piercing for 4-5 minutes with lukewarm water so that the “wound fluid” around your piercing soften and release. Would there be any remaining exudate and/or scabs please use a Q-tip with H2Ocean or normal saline to remove it. We recommend that you wash the piercing 1-2 times a day during the healing period. Do not wash too much as this can irritate the tissue and make it dry and sore. H2Ocean can be used 3-4 times daily. Rinse away the residue after washing so that the salt does not dry out the skin around the piercing.
When it comes to oral piercings we recommend that you also wash your mouth with saline or H2Ocean after every big meal.
Some things that are normal in the beginning:
Swelling, redness, and exudate, and that it may bleed slightly the first few days. This is normal and nothing to worry about. Do not scrape away exudate with fingernails, instead it should be washed off with warm water and H2Ocean or saline.
Listen to your body and use common sense!
This should be avoided:
- Wound cleaning products containing: alcohol, iodine, hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine. All of these products are just too strong to wash the piercing with and makes it harder for the body to heal the piercing!
- Sauna, swimmingpools, solarium and lakes.
- Tight clothing.
- Cosmetic and another form of cosmetics.
- Unprotected sex. (Valid for genital piercing.)
- Touching on the jewelry. It won’t fuse with your skin, that’s just an old piercing myth.
- To try to sleep in a way that won’t put a lot of pressure on the piercing. Be careful when using headphones, cell phone, hats and scarves these things have a habit of getting snagged on piercings. Make sure that all things that are in contact with you piercing are as clean as possible while your piercing heals.
- Spicy food, fruit juices, hot drinks, chewing on various things such as chewing gum, pens and stuff you find on the ground and oral contact. (Applies oral piercings.)
We recommend that you:
- Change your towels and bedsheets more often.
- Keep your pets away from you bed and you new piercing.
- Buy a new toothbrush. (Valid for piercings in the mouth.)